Key Account Manager Food Retail Germany (m/w)
Bundesweit (Home Office)
Ort / Region: Hamburg
In this exciting role, you will contribute with your experience to develop sales and market share for the range of electronic controllers and services at selected key accounts - mainly supermarket chains and contractors of refrigeration systems for supermarkets and convenience stores in Germany.
You will drive business development and sales in line with the overall strategy and targets for future growth by performing sales activities with a strong focus on opportunity pipeline, key account plan and value selling. Your sales success is built on a strong network with customer’s decision makers and business multiplicators. Further, you will coordinate activities with multiple internal stakeholders, such as Regional and Global Sales Manager, Application team and internal sales. Additionally, you will provide competitive insights to both marketing and business excellence team on possible improvements of products or services likely to contribute to increasing turnover.
Background and skills
You have acquired a technical degree in the field of Mechanics or Thermodynamics (or equivalent) or a degree in business studies/management and bring several years of experience in the German refrigeration/i.e. food retail industry and proven success record in B2B sales. Additionally, we are looking for:
- Knowledge of the refrigeration/air conditioning business, customer needs and HVAC/R applications
- Excellent network at decision-taker level and general industry understanding in regards to retailers, contractors and OEMs
- Deep understanding on CO2 and overall supermarket EMS systems
- Customer oriented personality with excellent relationship skills
- Self-driven and well-structured, professionally organized
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent German and English language skills (written and spoken)